Thursday 8 December 2011

First post - 22 weeks

So, first post, who knows where this journey's going to take me.

I actually write another couple of blogs but have decided for the moment to keep this one anonymous, mainly so I can be more honest and write without worrying who I know who might be reading.

The beauty of the internet - like an online diary that's both private and as exposed as it possible could be - truly the weirdest concept.

I'm currently 22 weeks and 5 days and feeling baby A ( we have a name but like everything for now I'm going to keep it quiet!) kick quite a bit now. At my 20 week scan she was breech so most of the kicks I was feeling really low, but I think she's moved a bit as they seem to be everywhere now.

I'm trying to pinpoint when the first kicks were but for a good few weeks it's hard to tell when it's your first baby so I don't really know for sure. Around 19 weeks I think. Thing is, now I want to feel her all the time, just to know she's still there. I wish I hadn't read stories of women not feeling their babies kick and going to the hospital to find the baby has died. I swear this is my biggest fear, the birth seems easy in comparison to the fear!

I have so much to say about the first 22 weeks but I'm not going to try to cram it all in one post I don't think, otherwise we'll be here for ever.

Worst thing about pregnancy at the moment - the mucus at the back of my throat that makes my gag sometimes ( I hate being sick so this is a big deal for me).

Best thing - seeing my bump grow pretty much day by day.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the sweet comment on the blog!

    I don't remember being that scared about the giving birth part, more intrigued i think! i was always really scared of missing life as just the two of us. I've forgotten about most of the horrific side of the birth i think (but if I ever do it again I think i will be reminded of the pain and the fact i told everyone in the room that i'm never ever doing this again!)

    I wish i had waited to write my birth story a little longer, as it was still fairly recent and I think it hadn't really fully sunk in what happened! But even though it didn't go to 'plan' and i had an epidural I am still proud of myself, and the baby I produced!

    I'm excited to read your blog and see your progress! even though it makes me broody!

    Don't worry about the birth (easy for me to say!) but i hope it goes well for you, and you'll forget it all once you have your baby in your arms!

    abigail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. So pleased to find someone else pregnant at the same time as me. I am 21 weeks this week.

    x

    ReplyDelete